Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Why the rumor is untrue/Ethics question

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:45:57 -0500 (EST)

--0-401556656-1038026757=:596

 Beth Curran <bcurran@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
>>So to whoever started this silly rumor:  Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!<<
Hey...not that there's anything wrong with that...my father WAS an elderberry. But I'm sticking with the fat lady swan song - I think it's the end of tours-as-know-it. That's my story, I'm sticking with. Don't even try to confuse me with the facts.

>>So what’s the ethical thing to do?  If I bit the bullet and bought one of the damn things to weed, would that be against The Rules?  Or would it be A Good Thing?  Oh dear, right and wrong are so complex these days *sigh* - Beth<<
As for right and wrong, well, it's illegal. And supposedly it's illegal to traffic in boot leg music to protect the composers, even if they neither want nor deserve protection. You can construct your own view, but it's still wrong.
cheers,
bruce

--0-401556656-1038026757=:596

<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Beth Curran &lt;bcurran@columbus.rr.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<P>&gt;&gt;<FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">So to whoever started this silly rumor:<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!&lt;&lt;</SPAN></FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN></SPAN></FONT>
<DIV class=Section1>
<P class=MsoNormal>Hey...not that there's anything wrong with that...my father WAS an elderberry. But I'm sticking with the fat lady swan song - I think it's the end of tours-as-know-it. That's my story, I'm sticking with. Don't even try to confuse me with the facts.</P></DIV>
<P>&gt;&gt;So what’s the ethical thing to do? <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>If I bit the bullet and bought one of the damn things to weed, would that be against The Rules?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Or would it be A Good Thing?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Oh dear, right and wrong are so complex these days *<B><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">sigh</SPAN></B>* - Beth&lt;&lt;<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<P>As for right and wrong, well, it's illegal. And supposedly it's illegal to traffic in boot leg music to protect the composers, even if they neither want nor deserve protection. You can construct your own view, but it's still wrong.
<P>cheers,
--0-401556656-1038026757=:596--