Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Twin Towns 20/11/02 - Night 1

mpien mpien@froggy.com.au
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 03:02:40 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C2910A.73F60A40

Your damm right Matt,

That setlist was awesome and then some, and a real redline performance =
from the lads, I rekon if they were any more intense they'd go into =
meltdown. They played for 90 minutes straight without a break and then =
after just 1 short rest they came out and finished off the show. No =
adjectives can describe the unparalleled show that we saw, one of the =
very best anyone will ever see I rekon, from the top shelf for sure.

There were a few dickheads worth mentioning, the guy who was tanked and =
started leaning all over me, to which Peter responded by looking =
straight at me and asking "You OK?". What a guy!! It wasn't too bad to =
put up with, but when he got to the front he started throwin his weight =
around. When Pete saw this he was down in a flash and in this guys face, =
telling him off. Needless to say, no more problems, but this wanker then =
got the idea that I must have been Peter Garett's brother, since he =
thought I was gettin special treatment from him.....How come I don't get =
so imaginative when I'm semi-blind?? And he wouldn't let up, he wanted =
to shake my hand 3 times and all I wanted to do was enjoy the oils......
And also the 40 odd year old woman, who came straight up behind me and =
was all patronising, bragging she'd seen the oils in 81 and that that =
was before I was born, thinking that I somehow owed it to her to let her =
in front of me, and insisting I should for 30 seconds......Ahh let me =
think about that, no I aint gonna let u in front of me no matter what, I =
was here 1st, so keep your bitch ass mouth shut, coz I don't care to =
hear it regardless of what crap you say to me. But she persisted in =
giving me an earful right in the middle of Lucky Country......thanks!!!  =
And no actually I was born prior to 81.......so eat me

Well besides this crap it was still a great gig, Rob was a bit scungy =
with dishing out only 3 sticks but oh well, I guess times are tough.
But how lucky was that Luke bastard? He scored 2 sticks in one show??? =
I'm spewin........

Well guys its after 3am and way past my bedtime,
Can't wait for tomorrow night,

Mark.

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C2910A.73F60A40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Your damm right Matt,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>That setlist was awesome and then =
some,&nbsp;and a=20
real redline performance from the lads,&nbsp;I rekon if they were any =
more=20
intense they'd go into meltdown. They played for 90 minutes straight =
without a=20
break and then after just 1 short rest they came out and finished off =
the show.=20
No adjectives can describe the&nbsp;unparalleled show that we saw, one =
of the=20
very best anyone will ever see I rekon, from the top shelf for=20
sure.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There were a few dickheads worth =
mentioning, the=20
guy who was tanked and started leaning all over me, to which Peter =
responded by=20
looking straight at me and asking "You OK?". What a guy!! It wasn't too =
bad to=20
put up with, but when he got to the front he started throwin his weight =
around.=20
When Pete saw this he was down in a flash and in this guys face, telling =
him=20
off. Needless to say, no more problems, but this wanker then got the =
idea that I=20
must have been&nbsp;Peter Garett's brother, since he thought I was =
gettin=20
special treatment from him.....How come I don't get so imaginative when =
I'm=20
semi-blind?? And he wouldn't let up, he wanted to shake my hand 3 times =
and all=20
I wanted to do was enjoy the oils......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And also the&nbsp;40 odd year old =
woman, who came=20
straight up behind me and was all patronising,&nbsp;bragging she'd seen =
the oils=20
in 81 and that that was before I was born, thinking that I somehow owed =
it to=20
her to let her in front of me, and insisting I should for 30 =
seconds......Ahh=20
let me think about that, no I aint gonna let u in front of me no matter =
what, I=20
was here 1st, so keep your bitch ass mouth shut, coz I don't care to =
hear it=20
regardless of what crap you say to me. But she persisted in&nbsp;giving =
me an=20
earful right in the middle&nbsp;of Lucky Country......thanks!!!&nbsp; =
And no=20
actually I was born prior to 81.......so eat me</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well besides this crap it was still a =
great gig,=20
Rob was a bit scungy with dishing out only 3&nbsp;sticks but oh well, I =
guess=20
times are tough.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But how lucky was that&nbsp;Luke =
bastard? He scored=20
2 sticks in one show??? I'm spewin........</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well guys its after&nbsp;3am and way =
past my=20
bedtime,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Can't wait for tomorrow =
night,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mark.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C2910A.73F60A40--