Midnight Oil

Sv: [Powderworks] Geelong gig

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:04:07 +0800

At 08-11-02 03:35 AM +0100, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

>Peter looked like a kid opening his x-mas presents when he read the
>request notes.

this is exactly the comment i was going to put in my review of the Perth
show last week, but forgot!

It is one of his greatest assets I think, the way he is so open.  He never
hides or disguises his feelings, so you always know exactly where you are
at.  (You don't want to have one of his negative looks cast in your
direction either!)

It helps to make him such a respected and influential figure on the
political scene also.  It's a pretty rare thing for any sort of political
figure to be so open, but whether you agree or disagree with what he's
saying you know you're getting the 100% Peter Garrett view on the
issue.  It's probably also why other politicians don't like him very much.

jeff...