Midnight Oil

Sv: [Powderworks] Geelong gig

Magnus Holmgren oznut@swipnet.se
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 3:35:32 +0100

------=____1036722932894_ZtCAjJ-)+-

> Can anyone tell me if there was any merchandise on sale for this tour? I went
> to the Lyric in geelong tonight but the clown at the door wouldnt even tell
> me the price of a t-shirt!

huh? you didn't come inside?

They are selling two different shirts. A red one with yellow hand and "capricornia tour 2002" on front, killer mosquitos with chainsaws on back (mosquito march). A white ladies-t-shirt, can't remember what's on it though. Someone thought this is the first time they have a ladies model shirt available. Both types are $30.

The gig itself was fantastic. The played in an old church which made it a special setting for an oils gig.

Peter started the gig by himself ranting and playing the harmonica. Martin and Jim eventually joined him and they started playing US Forces. They played 4 songs and then started taking requests. I think the setlist went something like this:

US Forces (Rob up front)
Luritja Way
Short Memory
Golden Age (Rob at the back)

requests:
Bus To Bondi
Don't Wanna Be The One
Burnie (a la Scream In Blue)
My Country
Kosciusko
Power & The Passion (easily 10 mins long)

back to setlist:
The Dead Heart
Blue Sky Mine
Redneck Wonderland
King of The Mountain

encore:
One Country (for the Bali victims)
Truganini
Been Away Too Long
Only The Strong (this went off!)

A great and varied setlist. The band really fired up (especially for Only The Strong). Peter looked like a kid opening his x-mas presents when he read the request notes. He went to a great deal of trouble sorting the requests etc. Very funny.

I also got to say that I enjoyed both Sneak and Diesel a lot.

Looking forward to the 2 Melbourne shows!

Magnus

WebMail från Tele2 http://www.tele2.se

------=____1036722932894_ZtCAjJ-)+-

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Can anyone tell me if there was any merchandise on sale for this tour? I went to the Lyric in geelong tonight but the clown at the door wouldnt even tell me the price of a t-shirt!</FONT></HTML>

------=____1036722932894_ZtCAjJ-)+---