Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Reasons and reactions

afromme@gmx.de afromme@gmx.de
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:27:28 +0100 (MET)

> Since you have decided that it is best to share the
> correspondence, it may be best if you now share both the letter that you
> wrote and
> the response from Gary Morris.  As it stands, all we have is a paraphrase
> that isn't
> fair to Mr. Morris or really to yourself.

Please understand that I won't publicize Gary's email.
OK, maybe he wouldn't mind very much or even expected it to be published
anyways, but still, as long as I don't have a confirmation that making it public
is OK with him, I just won't do it.
I really gave this long thought and I am definitely going to stick to this
decision for various reasons.
So you just have to believe me that the paraphrase I gave of Mr Morris'
email does indeed do his message justice. [And I do tend to be very diplomatic
about things. For instance, mentioning that his response "p*ssed me off" -
although true to the facts - is something I 'd probably leave out if I were to
re-write things now, because it's about my own opinion and impression and not
about the actual facts that were in his message. Also, the emphasis in the
sentence about enquiries being too demanding is in retrospect maybe a little
unnecessary as it distracts from the sentence itself. Geeez - I really am being
a little long-winded, aren't I?]

Those who have seen Gary's message (three people besides me) have also seen
my draft for the paraphrase thought it was very fair on it.
Needless to say, I also think so, but then again, I would say that, wouldn't
I?

later,

andré, off for the weekend.