Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] Rob and the Ghostwriters

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Sun, 26 May 2002 19:57:03 +0200

> Bakerman is great! Though I must say the idea of having a few more Rob songs
> sounds good - they are sorely missed from this latest record! Question: when
> was Mr Hirsts first solo effort recorded on an Oils album (aside from
> Bakerman)? I have a feeling it's Mountains of Burma/Bedlam Bridge from BSM
> but not sure if he had a solo song on D+D.

No, but Jim had a solo composition on it with "Warakurna".

Then we had two Hirst songs on 'E&S&M', one on 'The Real Thing', but none on 'Breathe', 'Redneck Wonderland' and 'Capricornia'. Probably it's because he used his songs for the Ghostwriters albums 'Second Skin' and 'Fibromoon' instead, but question is why?
Not much to criticize about Jim's efforts on 'Capricornia' though.

/Bjorn