Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] AMAZING NYC SHOW!!!

Oils21@aol.com Oils21@aol.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 10:02:38 EDT

--part1_69.2792e09a.2a20f37e_boundary

I am still in awe at what I saw last night!  What an amazing performance! The
Oils played almost my dream set list with Now or Never Land, River Runs Red,
One Country, Stand In Line, Spirit of the Age, etc.  The crowd was really
into it and the band felt it.

Another great part of the night was getting to meet Rob, Bones, Martin, and
Jim after the show,  They all signed my Capricornia CD cover and were all so
amazingly nice to everyone.

Will Hoge were awesome once again!  I really hope this band achieves alot of
success because they are great.  Will did seem a little nervous (who
wouldn't?) when he first came out to sing with the band but he settled in
nice and did a good job.

There were also two celebrities in the crowd.  Steven Van Zandt of the  E
Street Band (or Silvio on the Sopranos for those not familiar with the E
Street Band) was in the crowd as was  Ronnie Dunn of the country duo Brooks
and Dunn. I said hi to Ronnie after the show and he shook my hand before
leaving the venue.

I am eternally grateful for getting to see the Oils 3 times in the last 7
months.  If anyone associated with the band is reading this, please thank
them for spending so much time here in NA.

Cheers

Phil
Bronx, NY

--part1_69.2792e09a.2a20f37e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I am still in awe at what I saw last night! &nbsp;What an amazing performance! The Oils played almost my dream set list with Now or Never Land, River Runs Red, One Country, Stand In Line, Spirit of the Age, etc. &nbsp;The crowd was really into it and the band felt it. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Another great part of the night was getting to meet Rob, Bones, Martin, and Jim after the show, &nbsp;They all signed my Capricornia CD cover and were all so amazingly nice to everyone. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Will Hoge were awesome once again! &nbsp;I really hope this band achieves alot of success because they are great. &nbsp;Will did seem a little nervous (who wouldn't?) when he first came out to sing with the band but he settled in nice and did a good job.
<BR>
<BR>There were also two celebrities in the crowd. &nbsp;Steven Van Zandt of the &nbsp;E Street Band (or Silvio on the Sopranos for those not familiar with the E Street Band) was in the crowd as was &nbsp;Ronnie Dunn of the country duo Brooks and Dunn. I said hi to Ronnie after the show and he shook my hand before leaving the venue.
<BR>
<BR>I am eternally grateful for getting to see the Oils 3 times in the last 7 months. &nbsp;If anyone associated with the band is reading this, please thank them for spending so much time here in NA. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Cheers
<BR>
<BR>Phil