Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Winnipeg Show

Darren Foulds shroom-a-zoom@bigfoot.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:57:47 -0400

Hi Folks,

	Well, I made the trip to Winnipeg to take in my third Oils show.  I saw
them in Minneapolis last fall and in '93 with the Another Roadside
Attraction (in my home town of Thunder Bay, ON)  I didn't notice any
'workers t-shirts, so I wonder if anyone else on the list was there.  Me
and my buddy had great seats, row one seats one and two - there was no
seat in front of me!  But there was a drunken nob behind us who yelled
for "My Country" every time Peter decided to talk to us.  Rather
annoying.

	Anyways, the boys seemed a little tired on Friday, they didn't have the
energy that they had during the Minneapolis show (which was the best
show I've seen of anyone.)  Still it was great to see them.  My favorite
part of the show was the encore when they quieted everyone down and
played Poets and Slaves, truly wonderful, I wished they would have
rounded out the encore with a couple more slow ones, but I understand
that folks want shows to go out with a bang.

	Will Hoge, I didn't recognize the name, but as soon as I saw them on
stage I said, "Hey, these guys were on the fall tour."  I agree that
their music is safe, but I enjoyed them.  I've got a question though.
Will stopped the third song of their set and apologized to the audience
because they weren't putting their all into the show, 'cause they had a
bad day, etc, etc.  Then they rocked out for the rest of their set.  I
seem to remember them doing something similar last fall.  Is this part
of their shtick or do they occasionally just get "honest" with the
crowd?

	Anyways, a good show, a good time and worth the drive.

PS: Saw someone making a setlist, anyone on the list?

--
mailto:shroom-a-zoom@bigfoot.com  | "No one ever influenced Tolkien.
http://www.mp3.com/Transparencies |  You might as well try to influence