Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] MO and the Tragically Hip

Serandipitey@aol.com Serandipitey@aol.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 00:57:17 EDT

--part1_dc.1767b9b0.2a188aad_boundary

Hey everyone,
I was noticing, reading the reviews from the Edmonton show, a couple of
comparisons between the Oils and the Hip. I was thinking some time ago that
the Hip are the closest thing we have to MO in Canada. They both attempt to
take the essense of their country and put it into words. The Oils sing about
the desert and Australian politics and the Hip sing about, well, hockey...
Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed similarities.
No word on any Eastern Canadian shows yet? Still hoping...
Take care,

Varina

--part1_dc.1767b9b0.2a188aad_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hey everyone,
<BR>I was noticing, reading the reviews from the Edmonton show, a couple of comparisons between the Oils and the Hip. I was thinking some time ago that the Hip are the closest thing we have to MO in Canada. They both attempt to take the essense of their country and put it into words. The Oils sing about the desert and Australian politics and the Hip sing about, well, hockey...
<BR>Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed similarities.
<BR>No word on any Eastern Canadian shows yet? Still hoping...
<BR>Take care,
<BR>
<BR>Varina
<BR></FONT></HTML>