Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Great MP3 source discovered

GrnVillageGirl@aol.com GrnVillageGirl@aol.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 21:06:11 EDT

--part1_d0.274e9220.2a146003_boundary

Hello workers,
I don't know if this has been discussed here before, so if it has, please
forgive me/ignore it, but I found a site called audiogalaxy.com that has a
slew of unreleased/live/otherwise rare Oils tracks that may be downloaded
and/or burned onto a CD. For instance, I never knew they covered Duran
Duran's "Girls On Film," but here it is -- with PG's unmistakable vocals.
The only problem, besides for those of us with slowpoke modems that take
forever to download, is that some song titles are A) unavailable, B) mistaken
and/or misunderstood -- "The Dead Heart," for one example, keeps getting
called lots of different things, for some weird reason.
But I found some great stuff here, with just a teeny bit of guilt attached
(should I slip Jim a 20 when they come back to town?).
PS I loved fishoil's account of his Calgary experience, esp. about how his
daughter was afraid of meeting Peter! Totally understandable. It's true that
these guys make everyone around them just feel good (unless, of course, you
screw with 'em, never a good idea). I'm glad that you had the opportunity to
find that out, and at your first show yet!

--part1_d0.274e9220.2a146003_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>Hello workers,<BR>
I don't know if this has been discussed here before, so if it has, please forgive me/ignore it, but I found a site called audiogalaxy.com that has a slew of unreleased/live/otherwise rare Oils tracks that may be downloaded and/or burned onto a CD. For instance, I never knew they covered Duran Duran's "Girls On Film," but here it is -- with PG's unmistakable vocals.<BR>
The only problem, besides for those of us with slowpoke modems that take forever to download, is that some song titles are A) unavailable, B) mistaken and/or misunderstood -- "The Dead Heart," for one example, keeps getting called lots of different things, for some weird reason.<BR>
But I found some great stuff here, with just a teeny bit of guilt attached (should I slip Jim a 20 when they come back to town?).<BR>
PS I loved fishoil's account of his Calgary experience, esp. about how his daughter was afraid of meeting Peter! Totally understandable. It's true that these guys make everyone around them just feel good (unless, of course, you screw with 'em, never a good idea). I'm glad that you had the opportunity to find that out, and at your first show yet!</FONT></HTML>

--part1_d0.274e9220.2a146003_boundary--