Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Oils Equipment

Derek K. Miller Derek K. Miller" <dkmiller@pobox.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 08:19:42 -0700

"Rhonda" <kayak@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> From: "andrew pye" <apye@bigpond.com>

>> but has also at times used a set
>> that look as though you are holding about 6-10 small sticks at
>> once. They look like thin pieces of cane or bamboo (someone will
>> have to remind me what they're called because I cant for the life
>> of me think of the name at the moment!!!). But they are bound at
>> the base and it is just like holding 1 stick in each hand.
>
> Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but if he's using the type of
> stick I'm thinking of, I believe it's called a brush.

Brushes are usually for quieter playing, lie flat like a fan when extended,
and are often metal. (Paul Hester of Crowded House often played with them.)
You can't hit with them too hard because they tend to fly apart.

There are various others made in a similar style, but round in profile.
Plastic ones go by various names, and wooden ones also have a variety of
brands. Hot Rods and Blasticks are two trade names.

Anyway, that's what we're talking about, and Rob does play with them
sometimes. Here are some links for what they look like:

http://www.regaltip.com/products/530R.html

http://www.regaltip.com/products/531R.html