Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Portland/seattle/vancouver x 2

Erik Fernandez efernandez@qwest.net
Mon, 13 May 2002 21:11:28 -0700

Just got back from the portland seattle and vancouver shows. 4 great shows.
I do have to say, despite being from Portland, that the portland show was
the weaker of the 4, not because of the oils performance, but the club
sucks. The sound was really rough, (I asked Jim about it after the show in
Vancouver, he said their sound guy was tearing his hair out trying to get a
decent sound there). There's also a pole on the side of the stage that
separates Jim from the rest... lame.
     The shows were, great, setlists were pretty similair til the second
show in Vancouver - really changed it up.
   Seemed like in all the shows that about 6 or 7 songs in they really hit
their stride... right around when they were playing King of the mountain,
concrete, redneck wonderland and golden age.
      In seattle Peter really went off energy wise(though lots of smiles
from everyone each night) like I've never seen during Concrete. It was cool!
   Seattle show was in a real theatre(seats and all), so the sound was
phenomenal. All you Portland fans that thought the portland show was great,
Seattle was as good, but with better sound!  Imagine that.
    Hope everyone in Canada is enjoying the shows, they are really kickin
it.
-Erik
Good to see you all out there... Geoff, Mai, Brian, and others.