Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Tour Dates

Margaret Benzer benzer@mail.mc.maricopa.edu
Mon, 13 May 2002 10:04:42 -0700

I was just looking at Pollstar to let someone back east know about a show in
his neighborhood (I guess he didn't realize MO was still touring), and it seems
that they are going to be doing a quick turn-around in July.  They are listed
July 12 in Minneapolis, MN, and then the next day in Irvine, CA.  Do they plan
on flying their equipment halfway across the country?  Well, if they are in
Irvine, I have two words:  road trip!!  During the summer, I only work Mondays
through Thursdays so that makes trips easier.  And I wonder if the boys can
handle the heat for a concert in Arizona that time of year.  The end of June
and beginning of July are the hottest times of the year.  (We hit 122 F/50 C on
June 22, 1990.)  What do I have to do to convince them to come here???

Margaret, who is jealously reading concert reports and wishing she could be
there