Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: a U.S. rocker-politician

Powdworker@aol.com Powdworker@aol.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 20:49:35 EDT

--part1_72.1c4d03ab.2a10679f_boundary

This has NOTHING to do with the Oils -- I just thought someone out there
might be interested in hearing about a musician who has a "day job" as chief
executive of the largest city in this state:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33753-2002May4.html

Of course, this Celtic-rock band isn't exactly an international star of MO's
stature. It seems to have fans only in Maryland. And it has an extremely
apolitical Web site at http://www.omalleysmarch.com.

I'm not endorsing any politicians here -- just thought it would be amusing!

Back to catching up on unread P-works postings....

Cheers,
Patty in Maryland

p.s. The cynical part of me asks: Between being mayor and being a bandleader,
how much time does he actually spend with his kids??

--part1_72.1c4d03ab.2a10679f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Trebuchet MS" LANG="0">This has NOTHING to do with the Oils -- I just thought someone out there might be interested in hearing about a musician who has a "day job" as chief executive of the largest city in this state:
<BR>
<BR>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33753-2002May4.html
<BR>
<BR>Of course, this Celtic-rock band isn't exactly an international star of MO's stature. It seems to have fans only in Maryland. And it has an extremely apolitical Web site at http://www.omalleysmarch.com.
<BR>
<BR>I'm not endorsing any politicians here -- just thought it would be amusing!
<BR>
<BR>Back to catching up on unread P-works postings....
<BR>
<BR>Cheers,
<BR>Patty in Maryland
<BR>
<BR>p.s. The cynical part of me asks: Between being mayor and being a bandleader, how much time does he actually spend with his kids??</FONT></HTML>

--part1_72.1c4d03ab.2a10679f_boundary--