Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Redneck-Freak!

Kate Adams kate@dnki.net
Thu, 09 May 2002 16:58:18 -0400

--=====================_548282348==_.ALT

I was a little disappointed at how the concert in Boston in November seemed
to be an oldies concert, save for the preview of Capricornia.  I wanted
more Redneck Wonderland stuff!

Funny thing is I would not have had the album at all had my Mom not picked
it up on import in Portland as a Christmas present.  Didn't get much of a
chance to listen to it until last summer.  Wow!

I'm glad to see Concrete has made the live list ... but I'm holding out for
What Goes On.  Given that I'm going to NYC for the next run, I'd just as
soon they continued to stay away from Breathe ... which I last listened to
while sitting under my desk on 11 Sept.

At 03:51 AM 5/10/02 +1000, Lina Yune wrote:

>No, you are not a freak!  I did the very same thing at the House of Blues
>Chicago when the chords to Redneck began.  The only people right up in
>front were the Oils (oh no! hope they didn't think I was a freak!)
>
>But today, I am definitely the FREAK.  I was listening to Redneck on my
>personal player at work (I am on lunch now) while working on my computer,
>and was just dancing along.  It is rather difficult to stay still and I
>really got into it, and fell of the chair.  I am OK!  The chair is
>OK!  The office people are now totally convinced I am a FREAK.  Because I
>was listening to Oils incessantly.  Ok, actually I get so much more done,
>Oils music really helps me with all my projects.  Yeah, I am Oils
>FREAK!  Yeah, I will be 40 in July, but then.....again......where's YOUTH?
>
>You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll 'cause music brings magic to your soul!
>
>Peace, Love and OoooooooiiiiiilllllllssssssssssSSSS
>

>   msira@calis.com wrote:
>OK, you're going to play newer stuff...bring on Redneck! I was really glad
>when the intro to "Redneck Wonderland" started up. People standing next to me
>thought I was a total freak because I totally screamed my head off at that
>point (and nobody else seemed to be familiar with the tune). I love RW,
>what a
>great album. Two songs only off of Redneck was NOT enough! I really wish
>they'd at least played "Cemetary in My Mind". That ending guitar lick always
>sends shivers up my spine.
>

>Lina
>

>Concrete you don't free my soul... ...Midnight Oil
>

><http://au.rd.yahoo.com/mailwelcome/?http://au.messenger.yahoo.com/>Yahoo!
>Messenger - A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!

Kate Adams
Graduate Student
Department of Work Environment
UMass Lowell
Global Free Trade: All the economic benefits of colonialism, without all
those nasty responsibilities.
*****
--=====================_548282348==_.ALT

I was a little disappointed at how the concert in Boston in November
seemed to be an oldies concert, save for the preview of
Capricornia.&nbsp; I wanted more Redneck Wonderland stuff!<br>
Funny thing is I would not have had the album at all had my Mom not
picked it up on import in Portland as a Christmas present.&nbsp; Didn't
get much of a chance to listen to it until last summer.&nbsp; Wow!<br>
I'm glad to see Concrete has made the live list ... but I'm holding out
for What Goes On.&nbsp; Given that I'm going to NYC for the next run, I'd
just as soon they continued to stay away from Breathe ... which I last
listened to while sitting under my desk on 11 Sept.<br>
At 03:51 AM 5/10/02 +1000, Lina Yune wrote:<br>
did the very same thing at the House of Blues Chicago when the chords to
Redneck began.&nbsp; The only people right up in front were the Oils (oh
no! hope they didn't think I was a freak!) <br>
But today, I am definitely the FREAK.&nbsp; I was listening to Redneck on
my personal player at work (I am on lunch now) while working on my
computer, and was just dancing along.&nbsp; It is rather difficult to
stay still and I really got into it, and fell of the chair.&nbsp; I am
OK!&nbsp; The chair is OK!&nbsp; The office people are now totally
convinced I am a FREAK.&nbsp; Because I was listening to Oils
incessantly.&nbsp; Ok, actually I get so much more done, Oils music
really helps me with all my projects.&nbsp; Yeah, I am Oils FREAK!&nbsp;
Yeah, I will be 40 in July, but then.....again......where's YOUTH? <br>
You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll 'cause music brings magic to your
soul! <br>
Peace, Love and OoooooooiiiiiilllllllssssssssssSSSS&nbsp; <br>
&nbsp; <br>
<dl>
<dd>OK, you're going to play newer stuff...bring on Redneck! I was really
glad
<dd>when the intro to &quot;Redneck Wonderland&quot; started up. People
standing next to me
<dd>thought I was a total freak because I totally screamed my head off at
that
<dd>point (and nobody else seemed to be familiar with the tune). I love
RW, what a
<dd>great album. Two songs only off of Redneck was NOT enough! I really
wish
<dd>they'd at least played &quot;Cemetary in My Mind&quot;. That ending
guitar lick always
<dd>sends shivers up my spine.<br>

</dl><br>
Lina<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Concrete you don't free my soul...</b> ...Midnight Oil<br>
</i><br>
Messenger</a></b> - A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
*********************************************************************************<br>
Kate Adams<br>
Graduate Student<br>
Department of Work Environment<br>
UMass Lowell<br>
Global Free Trade: All the economic benefits of colonialism, without
all<br>
those nasty responsibilities.<br>