Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] SF notes

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Thu, 9 May 2002 16:30:13 +1000

Tim,

Have to agree with you on that one, Rob did a similar thing for me and my fiancee a year or so ago!
I've just got to say the guy is an absolute legend, he even went so far as to give my fiancee the
wine out of his hand as there was none around when he offered!
I wish some other so called superbands would get off their pedestals and treat their fans like
fellow human beings and not objects.

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    Tim Frommer
                    <tfrommer@mindspring.co        To:     powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
                    m>                             cc:
                    Sent by:                       Subject:     [Powderworks] SF notes
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co
                    lorado.edu

                    09/05/2002 15:31

Hi all --
I'm a one-time powderworker back after a long spell. Preaching to choir
here, but I just have to chime in on how generous and genuine the band is.
I met Rob briefly Tuesday afternoon and he invited me to sit in on sound
check at the Warfield and got the rest of the boys to sign a photo I took
of them at the Exxon Valdez protest gig in midtown Manhattan many years
ago. He also offered to put me on the guest list (as if I didn't have tix
already??).

As for the show, I found it sub par in comparison with other Oils shows
I've seen. Not worth cluttering the list with too much about that! Just a
personal opinion and those who liked it reminded me how lucky I've been to
witness some real incendiary nights.

cheers,
Tim