Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Sales Figures

tone poem taralys@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:29:14 +1100

On the subject of airplay:

A while back, Triple M Sydney was sprucing "Golden Age" as being added into
their 'rock mix' however I have seldom heard it aired between 8-9 am and
5-6pm. I know that's only two hours, but i seemingly hear the same songs
each day (blink 182, nickelback, sum 41). Sometimes in the morning they will
play P & P (but the edited version) or U.S Forces.

However, they have done little to help push Capricornia, good Aussoe rock,
and have preferred to push Alanis Morisette, O.P.M and Jimmy Eat World. Not
draining anything from these fine (? in someone's opinion) artists, but good
Aussie rock is in short supply, and it seems every time the Oils inject some
real music, the radio goes running because it's afraid that it's not
single-friendly.

Boo and Hiss to the radio. You ran from Breathe, you ducked from Redneck
Wonderland and you are weaving from Capricornia.

Would someone please let me program a radio station for a day???

-angry, ian.