Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils and Sept 11+Say Your Prayers

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:44:28 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 25 March 2002, Jussi Korhonen wrote

> What number is Say Your Prayers on the US version?

It's track 9 on the Canadian release.

I know Glitch and maybe someone else felt _Say Your
Prayers_ had a somewhat disruptive presence on the
album. I agree, but would argue this may be due to
having heard it repeatedly, so that musically it has a
different, ummm, embedded quality, unlike the new stuff?

I also thought it was disruptive philosophically in a
more desirable way than the rest of the songs -- it's
blatantly political and pissed-off sounding, versus the
more veiled and subtle passion of the album as a whole.
I really liked Say Your Prayers, and especially like
the idea it will be heard by more North Americans, many
of whom may suffer from "compassion fatigue"...

cheers,

bruce

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.