Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] OT-The middle east

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:01:03 +0100

> There are some arab schools in the Washington DC
> area that do not even have Israel on their maps.

Do you know that Palestine cannot be found on ANY map in the world!

What countries are really Gaza (a beach in Israel?) and the West Bank (geographically, it's in Jordan)?

Some years ago we heard about war in a land called "Tjetjenia" (sorry for the spelling), a "republic" of Russia (the capital is Grozny). I bet there isn't a single map with the name Tjetjenia on it! It just doesn't exist, but yet it does. How can a new region so suddenly appear? I mean, who made those borders up?

Strange days indeed (most peculiar mama!)...

Bjorn