Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Taste of Chicago - July 4th

John McColl johnmccoll@yahoo.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:04:38 -0800 (PST)

I have seen a concert date online for the Oils to play
at "Taste of Chicago" in Chicago on July 4th. It seems
that "Taste of Chicago" is a major festival of food,
music, entertainment etc. Looking at the entertainment
schedule at the TOC website, Midnight Oil is not
listed for the 4th, although there is a group named
Telstar scheduled, they are described in parenthesis
as (Power Pop). I seem to recall the Oils doing
surprise gigs in the past billed as Telstar, or maybe
I am deluding myself. Does anyone have any info on
Telstar or the Oils involvement in TOC ? That date
will be the only one I could get away from
Alabama....they don't seem to have any south east US
dates planned.

Thanks,

John

=====