Midnight Oil

Fwd: [Powderworks] Rabbit Proof Fence

dbrunner@execpc.com dbrunner@execpc.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:59:52 +0000 (US/Eastern)

Also the soundtrack was composed by Peter Gabriel who is another of my
favorite artists.

---- Forwarded message from "Megan Fitzgerald" <heymegsy@hotmail.com>
----
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:53:16 +1100
From: "Megan Fitzgerald" <heymegsy@hotmail.com>
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Rabbit Proof Fence

Its not golf or entirely oil related but definetly worth a mention...

I went and saw this movie this afternoon and it was one of the most
amazing
movies I have ever seen.  It looks at the stolen generation and one
true
story about three young aboriginal girls taken from their mothers and
forced
to adopt a 'white'culture.  They escape and begin to follow this
rabbit
proof fence.  The fence was built in 1901 to keep rabbits away from
farms
(they cause mass destruction to crops and land)and it still exists-
one of
the longest in the world.  The fence leads them home, more than 1500
miles
away.

This is an extremely well shot film, shows the harsh Australian
landscape
and gives you a small idea how it would feel to be subjected to open
fields,
deserts and extreme temperatures like these little girls.  Great
sounds,
angles, wildlife and colours.  I walked away with great gibber plain
in my
head and very pissed off with how people in the past have behaved.

Deborah Mailman (Secret life) and Gary McDonald (and a very bad
moustache)
make appearances in the film.

If your interested in seeing a film that captures some of what the
Oils sing
about, see the film, you should enjoy it.

www.rabbitprooffence.com.au

Megs