Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] bones on radio very soon!

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:08:55 EST

--part1_185.5768e6b.29cbd017_boundary

In a message dated 3/21/2002 8:06:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ninajill73@hotmail.com writes:

> it's as good as bob costas' comment after the oils performed during the
> closing ceremonies. paying no attention to the political statement the oils
> were making and being completely ignorant to the meaning of 'beds' he said,
> "well, that was just midnight oil with the ever lasting question...how can
> we dance when our beds are burning"

I usually like Bob Costas' work, but I was really surprised when he said
that.
He totally dropped the ball on the significance of why the Oils played that
song
as well as what they were wearing while playing it.

At least the Jim Ladd interview was pretty good, except he directed all of
his
questions to Peter.  Maybe the other guys didn't feel like talking.

Mike

--part1_185.5768e6b.29cbd017_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 3/21/2002 8:06:51 AM Pacific Standard Time, ninajill73@hotmail.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">it's as good as bob costas' comment after the oils performed during the<BR>
closing ceremonies. paying no attention to the political statement the oils<BR>
were making and being completely ignorant to the meaning of 'beds' he said,<BR>
"well, that was just midnight oil with the ever lasting question...how can<BR>
we dance when our beds are burning"<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I usually like Bob Costas' work, but I was really surprised when he said that.<BR>
He totally dropped the ball on the significance of why the Oils played that song <BR>
as well as what they were wearing while playing it.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
At least the Jim Ladd interview was pretty good, except he directed all of his<BR>
questions to Peter.&nbsp; Maybe the other guys didn't feel like talking.<BR>
<BR>
Mike</FONT></HTML>

--part1_185.5768e6b.29cbd017_boundary--