Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Re: Golf?

andrew pye apye@bigpond.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:40:38 +1000

ridiculousness of it has me questioning the waisted 2 mins it's taken to =
write this reply!

Anything else you'd like to know?

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Brian Huddell=20
  To: 'powderworks mail list'=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 12:15 PM
  Subject: RE: [Powderworks] Re: Re: Golf?

  The fact that you're unfamiliar with the growing concern about the =
environmental impact of golf doesn't mean it's a non-issue.  Educate =
yourself on the subject, then, if you disagree with the environmentalist =
point of view, make your case, as Kathryn has.  Many people still make =
the same sort of statements about beef, for instance:  "Aw c'mon.  It's =
just cows and grass, what could be more natural?!"

  Surprising how many 'workers seem to have been unaware that it was an =
issue at all.
    Oh come on! You can't be serious!

    This is the most fucked thread I have EVER come across! Grow up =
people! Get
    some reality into your lives! Way to give the Green movement a bad =
name!

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C1D0D5.9B008AC0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Message</TITLE>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Greg Norman designed and built a golf course not more than 5km from =
my=20
house here on the Sunshine Coast. It had to pass strict environmental =
guide=20
lines and is now part of an important wildlife corridor in the area it =
is in.=20
Minimal impact on the environment was afforded and plans were created =
and=20
carried out according to the pre-construction&nbsp;environmental impact =
study.=20
It has&nbsp;an extensive&nbsp;drain and run off system, along with other =

control&nbsp;mechanisms to control nutrient run off during irrigation =
and heavy=20
rains. While this may not be the case for all course in all countries, =
it is for=20
all golf courses on the Sunshine Coast. I know these facts to be true as =
I was=20
involved with the construction of the course approximately 3 years go. =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Personally, I find it extremely difficult to believe that a golf =
course can=20
be the cause of any significant environmental damage, and in many cases, =

improves the quality of an area. This is an issue that, has for the most =
part,=20
has&nbsp;been created in some extremists mind. The ridiculousness of it =
has me=20
questioning the waisted 2 mins it's taken to write this reply!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anything else you'd like to =
know?</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dbhuddell@bellsouth.net =
href=3D"mailto:bhuddell@bellsouth.net">Brian=20
  Huddell</A> </DIV>
title=3Dpowderworks@cs.colorado.edu=20
  href=3D"mailto:powderworks@cs.colorado.edu">'powderworks mail =
list'</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, March 21, 2002 =
12:15=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: [Powderworks] Re: =
Re:=20
  Golf?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D822214901-21032002>The=20
  fact that you're unfamiliar with the growing concern about the =
environmental=20
  impact of golf doesn't mean it's a non-issue.&nbsp; Educate yourself =
on the=20
  subject, then, if you disagree with the environmentalist point of =
view, make=20
  your case, as Kathryn has.&nbsp; Many people still make the same sort =
of=20
  statements about beef, for instance:&nbsp; "Aw c'mon.&nbsp; It's just =
cows and=20
  grass, what could be more natural?!"</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
  class=3D822214901-21032002></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
  class=3D822214901-21032002>Surprising how many 'workers seem to have =
been=20
  unaware that it was an issue at all.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px =
solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader lang=3Den-us dir=3Dltr =
align=3Dleft><FONT=20
    face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>Oh =
come on! You can't=20
    be serious!<BR><BR>This is the most fucked thread I have EVER come =
across!=20
    Grow up people! Get<BR>some reality into your lives! Way to give the =
Green=20
    movement a bad=20
name!</FONT><BR></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C1D0D5.9B008AC0--