Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Progressive/Psychedelia in OZ - NMOC

lou loulou@zip.com.au
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 00:10:06 +1100

--=====================_42640575==_.ALT

prickin' up my ears at the sound of the K word (Kilbey of kourse)

Alexei, do you have 5 Days in a Photon Belt by the brothers Russell and
John Kilbey, under the name of Warp Factor Nine? I think it's their best
project, away from Steve, myself. and waaaaay trippy! Julian, I presume
you've got this one?

it's based on an fax that one of the K's received back in 1992 about the
earth being plunged into 5 days of night, or day (of course the fax
couldn't say which would happen...). pretty amusing stuff, you can read the
originals at http://www.karmichit.com/wf9_fax_page.htm

more on the brothers K - I managed to get to the Karmic Hit launch party
last week, Karmic Hit being their studio/label. apart from much K-ness
there was also an unfortunately way-too-short performance by Margot Smith.
if you like The Church, I reckon she's the closest thing you can get to a
female Steve Kilbey...she's triffic.

back to somewhere else,
Lou

At 08:48 AM 3/17/02 +0200, ALEXEI wrote:
>Steve and Russell Kilby are way more into psychedelia than Church is
>oftentimes said to be--get their Gilt Trip album.

come up and see my etchings...no, really...
http://www.geocities.com/loubottle/

CD launch - for gig review and setlist go to
http://www.geocities.com/matt_finish_site/
--=====================_42640575==_.ALT

prickin' up my ears at the sound of the K word (Kilbey of
kourse)<br><br>
Alexei, do you have <u>5 Days in a Photon Belt</u> by the brothers
Russell and John Kilbey, under the name of Warp Factor Nine? I think it's
their best project, away from Steve, myself. and waaaaay trippy! Julian,
I presume you've got this one?<br><br>
it's based on an fax that one of the K's received back in 1992 about the
earth being plunged into 5 days of night, or day (of course the fax
couldn't say which would happen...). pretty amusing stuff, you can read
the originals at
</a>more on the brothers K - I managed to get to the Karmic Hit launch
party last week, Karmic Hit being their studio/label. apart from much
K-ness there was also an unfortunately <i>way</i>-too-short performance
by Margot Smith. if you like The Church, I reckon she's the closest thing
you can get to a female Steve Kilbey...she's triffic.<br><br>
back to somewhere else,<br>
Lou<br><br>
At 08:48 AM 3/17/02 +0200, ALEXEI wrote:<br>
more into psychedelia than Church is oftentimes said to be--get their
Gilt Trip album. </blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
come up and see my etchings...no, really...<br>
CD launch - for gig review and setlist go to<br>