Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] I can't help wondering....

Eel Bonjack scissormansnip@yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:15:52 -0800 (PST)

You wanna know something, most of the time I get to
know a person, and whenever I might discuss music with
him/her (which is most of the time) and I tell them
that Midnight Oil is one of my favorite bands, most of
them laugh in response. (there are some exceptions,
but that's how it is, again, most of the time) usually
they say something along the lines of "didn't they do
that "Beds are Burning" song? and they laugh as if
they are some kind of one-hit wonder. OF course we all
know better here. They have NO IDEA that like Jello
Biafra, how much Peter Garrett truly is a saint on
earth. But why do you suppose that is?

the other thing I'm wondering about is that we
obviously have a diverse list of people here, many
different types are Midnight Oil fans, from other
places, with different ideologies, etc. Forgive me if
this is an old topic with you guys, but what are your
other favorites? where else do your musical tastes
range?
just outta curiosity,
eel

=====
while most people have a conscious and a subconscious,
I operate on the level of subconscious and sub-subconscious.
-Harpo Marx