Midnight Oil

Fwd: Re: Fwd: [Powderworks] Powe & The Passi

Jane Remedio bunge91@hotmail.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:03:31 +1100

In australia there is an association called the Australian Performing Rights
Association (APRA) Radio stations pay fees to APRA so they can play the
music on air, and it entitles them to basically do edits, fades etc.  APRA
continually audit radio stations to see what they are playing.  I think, but
dont quote me on this one, that artists get some money for their music that
is used by stations.
Talking about edits though we havent taken into account that record
companies do push for radio edits if they think the song is too long for air
play. So in this case as a band you either give in to the record company, or
you dont, and insist that the song go out as recorded which I'm sure the
oils do.

Cheers,
Jane