Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Powe & The Passi

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:22:35 -0600

> I havent heard the edited radio version of P&P you are
> talking about but a
> producer at the radio station that you heard it on would have
> edited it in
> their studios and the Oils wouldnt know about it.  This
> practice is common
> on most commercial radio stations, to them if a song is
> shorter they have
> more time to play their ads, so they get more money!.
> Unfortunatley they
> dont worry if they are murdering the song or not.
>
> Jane

Triple M in Sydney is guilty of "self editing" songs to suit their time
constraints. For example, during the breakfast show, they cut the opening
riffs  of Read About It off, and as mentioned, cut the drum solo & ending
from P&TP. They have also performed some notable surgery on The Living End's
Roll On.

Vince