Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Counting Oil gigs attended

Andy Gillcrist andrewg@nwlink.com
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 08:19:42 -0800

Yeah, should have been the other way around!

Here in Seattle, back in '82 or so, Men At Work came to town.  The opener
was Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble.  Now ain't that a mismatch!
I thought they shoulda been reversed.

Sadly, most of the crowd booed SRV and kept chanting "Men At Work!
Men At Work!"  I have always loved SRV and did my damndest to make
my own cheering drown out the ignorant yobbos.  I hope he heard me, as
it was just a short time later that he died when his helicopter crashed.

	Andy