Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils DVD: old v. new

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:31:20 EST

--part1_9d.24314493.29b81ce8_boundary

In a message dated 3/6/2002 3:48:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sporto219@worldnet.att.net writes:

> I have two copies of the Oils DVD, a first run version and a remastered
> version (with the bonus track).  When I play them on my PC's DVD player,
> the
> video portion of the clips sometimes plays with a "jerky" motion (while the
> audio portion has no glitches).  I assume this is mostly due to PAL/NTSC
> formatting differences (as I'm watching in the U.S.).  But I've also
> noticed
> that the newer, "remastered" DVD seems to exhibit more visual glitches than
> the older version.  Anyone else notice this, or do I perhaps have defective
> disc(s)?
> Just wondering....
> Chris

I have the remastered version and I haven't noticed any glitches.  I can only
play it in the DVD drive in my computer because the DVD player in my
entertainment system won't play PAL, which is a drag, but it works just fine
in my computer.  I'm not sure if the NTSC/PAL thing is an issue when watching
on a computer monitor.  Of course as you can probably tell I'm not
what you'd call a technical wizard when it comes to this stuff.
Mike

Bawolski@aol.com

--part1_9d.24314493.29b81ce8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 3/6/2002 3:48:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, sporto219@worldnet.att.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I have two copies of the Oils DVD, a first run version and a remastered<BR>
version (with the bonus track).&nbsp; When I play them on my PC's DVD player, the<BR>
video portion of the clips sometimes plays with a "jerky" motion (while the<BR>
audio portion has no glitches).&nbsp; I assume this is mostly due to PAL/NTSC<BR>
formatting differences (as I'm watching in the U.S.).&nbsp; But I've also noticed<BR>
that the newer, "remastered" DVD seems to exhibit more visual glitches than<BR>
the older version.&nbsp; Anyone else notice this, or do I perhaps have defective<BR>
disc(s)?<BR>
Just wondering....<BR>
Chris<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
I have the remastered version and I haven't noticed any glitches.&nbsp; I can only<BR>
play it in the DVD drive in my computer because the DVD player in my <BR>
entertainment system won't play PAL, which is a drag, but it works just fine<BR>
in my computer.&nbsp; I'm not sure if the NTSC/PAL thing is an issue when watching<BR>
on a computer monitor.&nbsp; Of course as you can probably tell I'm not <BR>
what you'd call a technical wizard when it comes to this stuff.<BR>
Mike<BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Lucida Handwriting" LANG="0"><B>Bawolski@aol.com</B></FONT></HTML>