Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 3 points about cold live at the chapel

Jo Daley joeydaley@hotmail.com
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 15:13:57 +1100

<P>Hi Rick,</P>
<P>&gt;I dug the guy in about the 4th row who in a crowd full of people sitting down was standing up playing air guitar during Forgotten Years(was it a worker?) </P>
<P>That was Danny. He's not a worker, but a huge Oils fan and I think most of the Workers in Melbourne and Sydney would probably know him. He works at JB Hi-Fi in Melbourne and has done copies of a few things for me. I keep mentioning he should&nbsp;get on the list but obviously he hasn't done it yet. It was no surprise to see his face on the TV last night, he said he and his mates were the ones going crazy in front of the cameraman.</P>
<P>My sister says the first audience shot showed Samuel Johnson from The Secret Life Of Us in the same row. Oils fan or channel 10 freebie?</P>
<P>Loved the Chapel show but was so disappointed to see the other bands on TV. Nothing against them, but a whole hour of Oils live was so good to look forward to all week and in the end Oils minus ads totalled 25 minutes! However those 25 minutes were excellent, with plenty of drums and guitars. No matter how good the Capricornia album is,-and I just love it,Luritja Way being the favourite so far- hearing the songs live they are just a thousand times better. The Forum seems so long ago, already!</P>
<P>Cheers, Jo.&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#cc0000 face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif">"On the fields and farms of England, on the airstrips of the desert and the jungle, in the hangars of the Persian Gulf and on the tarmacs of the southern islands, I have walked and talked with God."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#cc0000 face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#cc0000 face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif">Tom Cutter. Round The Bend, Nevil Shute.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "rick" <RICKYSAN@SPEEDLINK.COM.AU>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <POWDERWORKS@CS.COLORADO.EDU>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Powderworks] 3 points about cold live at the chapel
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 02:08:37 +1100
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 1) The Oils were cool.I'm glad Luritja Way made the edited version of the show.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 2)I know people's opinions about Someting for Kate's version of Dreamworld are mixed but i absolutely love it.It might have something do with the lead singers voice which i reckon would even make a kevin "bloody" wilson song sound like a masterpiece (no disrespect Kev).His, and the lead singer of spy v spy, are my favourite voices in music.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;3) I dug the guy in about the 4th row who in a crowd full of people sitting down was standing up playing air guitar during Forgotten Years(was it a worker?)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; RICK