Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils on World Cafe broadcast.

Oils21@aol.com Oils21@aol.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:51:58 -0400

For those in the NYC area, World Cafe is broadcast on New York's best station WFUV (Fordham University) on 90.7 FM. The Oils World Cafe will be broadcast on Thursday night (I guess early Friday morning). I clipped this off there website:

THURSDAY, JUNE 27
Noon, Under the Covers: A set of songs written or co-written by Doc Pomus as covered by others.
12:30-1:30 PM, City Folk Live: A special, live concert in support of WFUV's tower, with Dar Williams, Christine Lavin, Claudia Marshall, Cherish the Ladies, The Kennedys and others. Dennis Elsas hosts this free event at Fordham University. Join us in person or on your radio. For background info on WFUV's tower and the FCC forum, click here.
8-9 PM, The WFUV CD of the Week: Hear Corey Harris' CD, "Downhome Sophisticate," in its entirety. Corey Harris takes his blues-based music to a new level on his latest release. Referring to it as "diaspora rock", he incorporates influences from Mali, New Orleans and everything in between.
1-3 AM, The World Cafe: Australian superstars, Midnight Oil, return to the World Cafe with host David Dye. We'll hear a powerful set of music with their political signature from their latest album Capricornia. This release includes the new Cafe favorite Golden Age.

WFUV also broadcasts over the web AT WWW.WFUV.ORG.  This is NYC's last great station.  It is member supported public radio I am a member of it.  I have discovered so many great artists from this station, artists that would never have gotten a chance to be heard anywhere else.

Cheers

Phil
Bronx, NY