Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Lyrical prowess

NanCohen@aol.com NanCohen@aol.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:39:22 EDT

I'm enjoying reading these replies.

Mark Knopfler has done some wonderful post-Dire Straits solo work that is
musically and lyrically rich.  His two solo albums, "Golden Heart" and
"Sailing to Philadelphia," are in regular rotation at my house along with the
Oils.

-----Original Message-----

From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu =

[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of =

Serandipitey@aol.com

Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 11:06 AM

To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu

Subject: [Powderworks] Lyrical prowess

Hi,=20

It's that time again...time to recommend your favorite bands to other =

Workers.=20

I love music with good lyrics - intelligent, soulful, original, =

relevent, creative poetic lyrics. Unfortunately I know very few bands =

who live up to these standards. (namely MO and New Model Army...maybe a =

couple of others) Can anyone recommend something? Of course, the music =

itself has to be good too, not just the lyrics, or it's pointless.=20

Happy first day of summer to those in the Northern part of our planet, =

and happy first day of winter to those inhabitants of the Southern =

regions. :)=20

Thanks,=20

Varina=20