Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Lyrical prowess

Terry Johnson tenacious@cyberback.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:46:17 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C21964.B16EFC60

I'd go with Todd and say New Model Army, but I'm *really* into Further Seems
Forever right now.  Other than Oils, FSF is my current favorite band.  Too
cool.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Serandipitey@aol.com
  Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 10:06 AM
  To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
  Subject: [Powderworks] Lyrical prowess

  Hi,
  It's that time again...time to recommend your favorite bands to other
Workers.

  I love music with good lyrics - intelligent, soulful, original, relevent,
creative poetic lyrics. Unfortunately I know very few bands who live up to
these standards. (namely MO and New Model Army...maybe a couple of others)
Can anyone recommend something? Of course, the music itself has to be good
too, not just the lyrics, or it's pointless.

  Happy first day of summer to those in the Northern part of our planet, and
happy first day of winter to those inhabitants of the Southern regions. :)

  Thanks,

  Varina

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C21964.B16EFC60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4916.2300" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D546034101-22062002>I'd go=20
with Todd and say New Model Army, but I'm *really* into Further Seems =
Forever=20
right now.&nbsp; Other than Oils, FSF is my current favorite band.&nbsp; =
Too=20
cool.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu=20
  [mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]<B>On Behalf Of=20
  </B>Serandipitey@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, June 21, 2002 10:06=20
  AM<BR><B>To:</B> powderworks@cs.colorado.edu<BR><B>Subject:</B> =
[Powderworks]=20
  Lyrical prowess<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT =

  size=3D2>Hi, <BR>It's that time again...time to recommend your =
favorite bands to=20
  other Workers. <BR><BR>I love music with good lyrics - intelligent, =
soulful,=20
  original, relevent, creative poetic lyrics. Unfortunately I know very =
few=20
  bands who live up to these standards. (namely MO and New Model =
Army...maybe a=20
  couple of others) Can anyone recommend something? Of course, the music =
itself=20
  has to be good too, not just the lyrics, or it's pointless. =
<BR><BR>Happy=20
  first day of summer to those in the Northern part of our planet, and =
happy=20
  first day of winter to those inhabitants of the Southern regions. :)=20
  <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR><BR>Varina</FONT> =
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C21964.B16EFC60--