Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils Cold Live at the Chapel Tree Announcement

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:28:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi workers,

This is the initial tree announcement for this show. I am aware that
this show has been in circulation for a while but (a) I have not
seen it treed/weeded and (b) this copy has undergone quite a bit of
sound editing (I have the details for the audiophiles) and is
probably of a better quality than what is out there.

So, if you are interested in getting your hands on this show here is
how the tree will run:

1. please email me back with "Oils Cold Live at the Chapel Tree" in
your subject
2. please include in your email the following (in the exact format)
name:
email:
country:
state: (if in the US or Canada)
type: leaf or branch
exchange: trade or b&p
number: if branch the number of leaves you can handle, otherwise
leave blank
3. signup will remain open until next Wed. 6/26

This show is a 2 disc set sourced from the webcast that took place
on 2/21/2002. The Oils played a small venue in Melbourne, Australia
which was converted from its original purpose (a chapel). The show
is quite intimate with a couple of bloopers and restarts. The show
was being filmed for a later screening on Australia TV. This
resulted in some songs being repeated twice and PG talking a fair
bit filling in time. We have therefore split the talk and songs into
separate tracks, so you can FF Peter if he annoys you too much. The
sound quality is very good though the fidelity (how close it is to
the real thing) is somewhat off due to the compression on the
original webcast. It is still, however, a very worthwhile show to
have.

Genealogy: webcast --> ASF --> AVI (GraphEdit)--> WAV (Discreet)-->
CoolEdit Pro and SoundForge --> CDA

Track list:
1. Beds are burning
2. Time to heal
3. Ships of freedom
4. Luritja Way
5. Luritja Way
6. Redneck wonderland
7. Redneck wonderland
8. Mosquito march
9. Written in the heart
10. Capricornia
11. Capricornia
12. Tone poem
13. Golden age
14. Too much sunshine
15. Overpass
16. Forgotten years
17. Now or neverland
18. Lucky country

My utmost thanks go to Terry Johnson who did a great job on the
sound editing and to Andrei Korbalev for capturing and uploading the
webcast.

=====
Miron

It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
(Midnight Oil)