Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] Re: NMOC: SOCCER !!!

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:15:41 +0200

> This has been an amazing week! Had anyone told me that in the final 8 we would see the USA, Turkey, Senegal and South Korea, I would have definitely thought they were crazy.

Yeah, this tournament has turned out to be the most unexpected and weirdest WC of all times (I guess)! Either Turkey or Senegal will play a semifinal! Could anyone expect that?

Only Brasil and Spain left now of the "big" teams. I'm glad that Korea put an end to Italy! :-)
It's really true wa can't make any predictions in this WC. Now most people would like to see Brasil-Spain in the final, which probably would be the most "fair" regarding the playing so far.
But in this sensational WC, it could as well be South Korea vs. Senegal! Wanna bet? :-)

/Bjorn