Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] St Louis & Kansas City

Mark Nash markn@datareturn.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:05:48 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C212F4.2EFE4090

Hi

For those thinking of going to the shows, the following are motels
recommended to me by the venues as being reasonably priced and within
walking distance of the venues.

Econo Lodge River Front
1100 N 3rd St
Saint Louis, MO 63102

Tel: 1 (314) 421-6556

Holiday Inn Express Kansas City-westport Plaza, Mo
801 Westport Rd
Kansas City, MO 64111
USA
Tel: 1 (816) 931-1000

I am booked in both of these venues. St Louis is $60 per night thru Expedia
and Kansas City is $80.

Can anyone from the area recommend any good restaurants / bars where a guy
could get a cold beer and something decent to eat without taking out a home
improvement loan to do it ?

How many powderworkers are going to these shows by the way ? Contact me off
list if y'all want to hang out before and after the shows. I am thinking of
bringing an acoustic guitar if anyone is interested in making some noise for
a laugh.

If anyone has a sure fire way of getting backstage to talk to the lads I
would like to hear it. Being a Kiwi myself I would like to have a wee chat
with Mr Hillman. And as a drummer I would like to talk to Rob too. Hell, I
would love to talk to any of them.

BTW. Does anybody know when they last played Sleep in concert ?  That is my
favorite song off Red Sails. Live it is awesome. The arrangement they played
during the D&D tour is incredible. Rob's harmonies are amazing. I was
thinking of screaming a request for it when I am standing directly in front
of Bones at the show. Well, that is where I intend to stand anyway !

I was also thinking of offering to play the drums on Kosciusko for Rob so he
can concentrate on singing it.

25 sleeps until the Oils !   Yippee !!

Ok. Enough ranting.

Cheers
Mark Nash

"working in the city from 9 to 5. Traffic on the highway gonna blow my
mind."

------_=_NextPart_001_01C212F4.2EFE4090

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>St Louis &amp; Kansas City</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">For those thinking of going to the =
shows, the following are motels recommended to me by the venues as =
being reasonably priced and within walking distance of the =
venues.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Econo Lodge River Front</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">1100 N 3rd St</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Saint Louis, MO 63102</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Tel: 1 (314) 421-6556</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Holiday Inn Express Kansas =
City-westport Plaza, Mo</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">801 Westport Rd</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Kansas City, MO 64111</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">USA</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Tel: 1 (816) 931-1000</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am booked in both of these venues. =
St Louis is $60 per night thru Expedia and Kansas City is $80. </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Can anyone from the area recommend any =
good restaurants / bars where a guy could get a cold beer and something =
decent to eat without taking out a home improvement loan to do it =
?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">How many powderworkers are going to =
these shows by the way ? Contact me off list if y'all want to hang out =
before and after the shows. I am thinking of bringing an acoustic =
guitar if anyone is interested in making some noise for a =
laugh.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">If anyone has a sure fire way of =
getting backstage to talk to the lads I would like to hear it. Being a =
Kiwi myself I would like to have a wee chat with Mr Hillman. And as a =
drummer I would like to talk to Rob too. Hell, I would love to talk to =
any of them.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">BTW. Does anybody know when they last =
played Sleep in concert ?&nbsp; That is my favorite song off Red Sails. =
Live it is awesome. The arrangement they played during the D&amp;D tour =
is incredible. Rob's harmonies are amazing. I was thinking of screaming =
a request for it when I am standing directly in front of Bones at the =
show. Well, that is where I intend to stand anyway !</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I was also thinking of offering to =
play the drums on Kosciusko for Rob so he can concentrate on singing =
it.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">25 sleeps until the Oils !&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Yippee !!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Ok. Enough ranting.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cheers</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Mark Nash</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&quot;working in the city from 9 to 5. =
Traffic on the highway gonna blow my mind.&quot;</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C212F4.2EFE4090--