Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] We should really move powderworks to a forum

Tim Hunter tim.hunter@eircom.net
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:56:54 +0100

On 28 July 2002 at 12:22, Maurice R. Kelly wrote:

  #If I recall correctly, a historical reason for Powderworks being
  #email-based was due to the fact that, at the time of it's inception, the
  #Web was not as commonplace, and email served as a very good lowest common
  #denominator.

I'm not even sure I knew about the web when the list was started in the
Summer of 1990.  If I dug through my stacks of old dump tapes, I could
probably find the first message I posted to the list.  Hm.  No, google
doesn't have anything I posted on Usenet about it, so I must not have.

Hm.  Too bad I didn't think about this two years ago.  Could have had some
'10 year' hoopla.

tim