Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: More Notes On Orem

CYakaAL@aol.com CYakaAL@aol.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:33:56 EDT

Thursday, July 18th

Powderworkers,

Having stood towards the back of the arena all I can say is, "WAY TO GO
UTAH".  The crowd was very receptive from the start.  Those on the floor and
towards the front on the sides were more gregarious then their counterparts
towards the back, but every song received a wave of exuberance from the
entire crowd.  The place holds 8500 and I estimated there to be 6000 in the
building.

Yes, there was some stupidness going on in the front rows which brought out a
Peter rant about mosh pitting being passe.

Just a little note in regard to the set list which changed during the show
and I think for the better.

The original list had the Oils finishing in the following order;
Deadheart
Forgotten Years
Beds
Dreamworld

The band moved Forgotten Years to the encore and dropped Hercules.  While I
love Hercules I think finishing with Forgotten Years was a good choice being
that the crowd seem to identify more with the so called "hits" than other
material.  But don't get more wrong they were very receptive to all the
material, but the hits brought them to minor frenzy.

That is all,
AL