Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Madison Show Recap

Rhonda kayak@sympatico.ca
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 19:37:04 -0400

Judy wrote:

> I got back from my Wisconsin trip yesterday and I'm still basking in
> the glow of the Oils show Thursday night.

<snippage>

> It wasn't even dark out when the Oils came on stage.  They openned
> with Bullroarer, which sounded a lot better than it did in Milwaukee.
>  Actually, the whole concert was probably one of the best I've ever
> seen.  Maybe it was our position next to the stage in front of Bones
> and Jim but it felt more like a private acoustic concert than the
> usual pounding hard rock.  In fact, the whole concert was a total
> feast for the eyes and ears.

<more snippage>

> During the song, Rob made his way on the
> stage (with just a tanktop this time for RHONDA, NINA & the other
> heterosexual female Workers...) and accompanied Peter for the last
> verse.

Thanks for the fashion report!!!  ;-)  You must have known I was
wondering!  hehe

> I posted the few pictures I got from the Milwaukee and Madison shows
> at
> http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~judylai/oils.html

> Judy

Great pics, Judy - I think I recognize your group...you weren't too far
away from where we were.  Thanks for sharing them, and for the concert
review...the fact that I was NOT in Madison was all I could think about
Thursday night!   Next time I'll have to plan my vacation a *little* better.

Take care,

Rhonda