Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Dale Ortiz dancingtoad69@hotmail.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 11:15:27 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C22B27.C219B9E0

     I saw the show last night, at Montage Mtn. in Scranton, Pa. It was a=
wesome. The Brian Setzer Trio was the opening act. They were much better =
received than Jackson  Browne was, last time, unfortunately. But they wer=
e awesome.  Setzer's group did some old and new material. The Stray Cats =
songs received thunderous ovations. Setzer even paid tribute to the late =
Chet Atkins, mentioning how lucky he was to induct him into the rock & ro=
ll hall of fame. He then played an Atkins guitar song.

     Petty was excellent. This time around, they had a screen behind them=
 with cool laser designs and images. They did most of their hits, and new=
 songs from an upcoming October album. But we were disappointed that for =
the second time, he didn't do "The Waiting".  Also left out were: "Breakd=
own", and "Don't Come Around Here No More" -in my opinion, their best son=
g-.  The show didn't last as long as the previous year. It was barely 2 h=
ours, as opposed to 2 1/2. But it was still some excellent rock & roll.Ge=
t more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.co=

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C22B27.C219B9E0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp; I saw the show last night, at Montage Mtn. in Scranton, Pa. It=
 was awesome. The Brian Setzer Trio was the opening act. They were much b=
etter received than Jackson&nbsp; Browne was, last time, unfortunately. B=
ut they were awesome.&nbsp; Setzer's group did some old and new material.=
 The Stray Cats songs received thunderous ovations. Setzer even paid trib=
ute to the late Chet Atkins, mentioning how lucky he was to induct him in=
to the rock &amp; roll hall of fame. He then played an Atkins guitar song=
.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
 Petty was excellent. This time around, they had a screen behind them wit=
h cool laser designs and images. They did most of their hits, and new son=
gs from an upcoming October album. But we were disappointed that for the =
second time, he didn't do "The Waiting".&nbsp; Also left out were: "Break=
down", and "Don't Come Around Here No More" -in my opinion, their best so=
ng-.&nbsp; The show didn't last as long as the previous year. It was bare=
ly 2 hours, as opposed to 2 1/2. But it was still some excellent rock &am=
p; roll.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><BR><BR>&nbsp;</D=
lorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://explorer.msn.=

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C22B27.C219B9E0--