Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] US Forces video

Andy Gillcrist andrewg@nwlink.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:05:34 -0800

The most amazing thing happened to me the other night.
Somehow I actually managed to connect to the FTP site!
Even more amazingly, I stayed connected long enough to
snarf that 50MB "US Forces" video.  (DSL rocks!)

What a classic!  For those who haven't seen it, it starts
out with a title screen that says "Project Mayo", then
launches into the song.  They're playing in what looks like
an outdoor industrial area at night, in front of a giant
screen showing video of huge bulldozers rolling around.
There are some big smokestacks and so forth, which also
could be projected, it's hard to tell.  Anyway, the video
must be nearly 20 years old, and the guys look so young!
Rob in fact looks like a schoolboy, but even back then he
had his characteristic style of waving his arms in the air
a lot while drumming.

The other interesting thing is that at the end of the video,
it starts to jump right into Power and the Passion, but
there's only about two seconds of it -- showing a closeup
of a telephone -- and then my DivX playa hangs.  :)

I'd love to see that P&P video and any others that are
part of that collection, if any.

Anyone have more details about this?

Thanks!

	Andy