Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Moral question?

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 02:45:43 -0600

> I was wondering what people here thought about it. I know if
> someone found a 3 track master tape of unreleased Oils songs
> from 19 years ago, and wanted to copy and sell it on at an
> inflated price, I would have to buy it, even though it meant the
> band not getting any royalties. This is just because I love all
> the Oils songs. I cannot find one single song of theirs that I do
> not like. (I would always offer to buy them a drink when I see
> them). Are there any Powderworkers who would not buy it as
> it would not be what the band wanted?
> Just wondering. I doubt it will ever happen (unfortunately).
> See ya
> Stephen

If I had some unreleased Oils tracks in my possession, I would feel it would
be my honourable duty to run it past them before I would release them.

If they said it would be OK, i'd release it and donate all profits to a
charity of the Oils' choice.

No way I could live with myself profiteering (nice pun hey ?) from the work
of my all time favourite musicians.

A very hypothetical situation that would probably never happen anyway.

Later,
Vince