Midnight Oil

Re[1]: [Powderworks] Best Oils album for introduction

Stephen Scott nornirn@lycos.co.uk
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:17:48 -0700 (MST)

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0123641011262667_ID

Sorry mate, but I think Gunbarrel Highway is one of the Oils
best songs. I think it's a fitting ending to D&D. Great
harmonies, great riff, great lyrics. Definately in my top 5,
along side Naked Flame, Scream in Blue, Kosciosko & Is it Now
etc.....
Stephen
"This is a mad house"

LP, but i remember the first time i
> heard it on a juke box at my local i liked it and was spewing
because it wasn't on the album.
> I later got it on the CD though : - )
>
> IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
> CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
> Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
> PH: (02) 9805 2384
> FAX: 1800 352227
> E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au
>

> Jeff
McLean

> Sent by:
cc:
> powderworks-admin@cs.co Subject:
[Powderworks] Best Oils album for
> lorado.edu
introduction

> 16/01/2002
07:58

> g'day andy,
>
> you wrote :
> But is it just me, or does Gunbarrel Highway seem like an
afterthought?
> I've only heard it a couple of times, and to me, it doesn't
quite fit
> with
> the character of the other songs on the album. But what do
I know? :)

> poor gunbarrel! that's a GREAT song. we were talking
about fave bits
> of songs before. well, that key shift (or whatever happens
in the
> middle of the song when they sing something like "nothing
can be longer
> than a corrigated roooooooaaaaddddd..." is awesome.
unfortunately, my