Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Breathe

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:00:11 -0600

> The feeling I get is that Rob is the one guy in the band who
> doesn't like
> Breathe too much.  Maybe Rob didn't feel as involved in the
> album.  I think
> the majority of songs came from Jim and there are even a few
> tracks on which
> Rob doesn't even play the drums.  So this may be why you
> don't hear too many
> Breathe songs live...I think Rob usually writes the set lists up.
>
> Does anyone know anything else.....agree/disagree?

I think your spot on Travis. I recall Rob during an interview saying
something along the lines of "it felt like we were making a Malcolm Burn
(the producer) album, not an Oils album", in reference to Burn's
authoritative nature and constantly wanting to do things his own way.

Looking back, the Breathe tour must have been a tough period for Rob,
considering they played a whole bunch of songs off the album each night.

I'm sure Damien can clarify all these theories ?

Vince