Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Random ramblings and questions

Goddard, Darren daz@isr.gov.au
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:07:52 +1100

G'day all,

Back from holidays and resubscribed.  Have I missed anything exciting?  Has
the new single been released in Oz?  Is it being played on radio here yet?
I haven't had much chance to listen to the radio since my alternator fried
the car CD player early December ;-(.  Should I be making a point of
listening to JJJ.

Love Red Sails, it has some truly classic songs on it, including the highly
underrated Jimmy Sharman's Boxers.  When I hear that I song I feel the hits
those fellas took.  Damn fine work.  And how good is Sleep, what was the
name of the funky bass stick thing that Pete uses on that one?  And how
powerful is Harrisburg, definitely one of the highlights of the Goat Island
gig for me.  Bells and Horns is a groovy little surf number and Helps Me
Helps You, Kosciuosko, Minutes to Midnight (or is that the Iron Maiden
number ;-)) and Best of Both Worlds rock with the best of them.  I think
about the worst song (and the song that gives the album that 80's feel) on
the album is General's, but that doesn't mean that I don't like the song, I
have some great 80's memories involving that sucka.

Cheers

Dazza