Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] BUSHFIRE VICTIMS

Tari, Vince fstariv1@nmhg.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:36:55 -0600

> Just a thought!
> Wouldn't it be great to see a few Aussie bands such as the
> Oils the Spy's,James Reyne,Richard
> Clapton,The Living End etc etc, got together and did a fire
> relief gig where all proceeds went
> towards those who have lost so much in the recent fires.
> As i said, just a thought!!

They did that after the 1994 bushfires too and raised heaps of money for the
bushfire victims.

The concert was held as the Sydney Football Stadium and the performers
included Sting, Bryan Adams, Hunters & Collectors, Barnesy, Diesel and a few
others.

Both Sting & Bryan Adams were on their own separate tours at the time and
they kindly donated their time for a worthy cause that evening. Ironically,
it poured rain throughout the night and we honestly thought Bryan Adams was
going to fry himself because he kept wondering out into the rain while
playing his guitar.

It was really was an excellent concert and I hope a similar one will be held
soon.

Useless trivia : This rock concert is one of only 3 ever held at the SFS
since opening in 1988. The other 2 were both U2 shows in 1993 & 1997.

Vince