Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] March 22 San Francisco area KFOG Show info

leftjab leftjab@well.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:11:00 -0800

--=====================_6271076==_.ALT

from www.kfog.com

KFOG's 5th Annual Spring Wingding is Friday, March 22, 5pm-11pm, at
Paramount's Great America.

What's Spring Wingding? Well, for you new Fogheads, it's our Fogheads-only
private party at Paramount's Great America before it opens to the public -
and it's free, courtesy of KFOG. This year KFOG has added a Private Concert
with Midnight Oil at the Paramount Theater. Don't miss this opportunity to
join other Fogheads for a night of music and thrills!
There are many ways to win a family four-pack of tickets. This week, check
your Foghead email 'cause we've saved 100 family four-packs just for you.
And, in the coming weeks we'll be giving tickets away on the air and out in
the community. Tune in to KFOG 104.5 and 97.7 for all the details.

(my comments):  Great America is an amusement park with rollercoasters,
etc. in Santa Clara, CA, about an hour south of San Francisco, right next
to San Jose.  KFOG Private Concerts are usually fairly small, and the only
way to get tickets is to first sign up for free as a KFOG member -- a
"Foghead" -- and then get lucky, or else call in when they announce tix on
the radio (they do stream over the 'net).  I have never been to the theater
in the amusement park, and obviously don't think this is the best
environment for the Oils, not just because some of us hardcore fans may not
be able to get tickets.  But we in the Bay Area have been relatively
fortunate in getting the Oils, and maybe they'll swing by a real venue on
their way back to Australia, they do seem to start and end on the North
American West Coast on their tours.

Jonathan
--=====================_6271076==_.ALT

from
Wingding is Friday, March 22, 5pm-11pm, at Paramount's Great America.
Paramount's Great America before it opens to the public - and it's free,
the Paramount Theater. Don't miss this opportunity to join other
There are many ways to win a family four-pack of tickets. This week,
check your <b>Foghead</b> email 'cause we've saved 100 family four-packs
just for you.<br>
And, in the coming weeks we'll be giving tickets away on the air and out
in the community. Tune in to <font color="#000080"><b>KFOG
details. <br><br>
(my comments):&nbsp; Great America is an amusement park with
rollercoasters, etc. in Santa Clara, CA, about an hour south of San
Francisco, right next to San Jose.&nbsp; KFOG Private Concerts are
usually fairly small, and the only way to get tickets is to first sign up
for free as a KFOG member -- a &quot;Foghead&quot; -- and then get lucky,
or else call in when they announce tix on the radio (they do stream over
the 'net).&nbsp; I have never been to the theater in the amusement park,
and obviously don't think this is the best environment for the Oils, not
just because some of us hardcore fans may not be able to get
tickets.&nbsp; But we in the Bay Area have been relatively fortunate in
getting the Oils, and maybe they'll swing by a real venue on their way
back to Australia, they do seem to start and end on the North American
West Coast on their tours.<br><br>
Jonathan</html>