Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Capricornia Car Crash

R. B. Norton rbnorton@attbi.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:35:32 -0800

Actually, I have had at least one car wreck while listening to the Oils.  I
got t-boned in my folks' Chevy Blazer while pulling a (slightly illegal)
U-turn several years ago.  Truganini was playing at the time, and my CD
player didn't even skip!

Can't remember if I was listening to the Oils when I spun my MR2 out into a
guardrail on I-5...probably was.

Brian
(I don't wreck that often, I swear!  I've actually started racing cars since
then and have greatly improved my driving skills!)

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Darren Foulds
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 11:49 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Re: Capricornia Car Crash

Hey Fellow 'Workers

	As a lurker who hasn't posted in a couple years probably, I figured
that I'd speak up with a newer topic and see if anyone else has had a
similar experience.

	Driving back home to Canada from the States last night I was listening
to my shiny new copy of Capricornia - I had to pick it up in the States
because I couldn't get it in my area of Canada yet (and I couldn't wait
for my Whammo order.)  Anyways, the roads were covered with snow and
slush and as I was enjoying "Too Much Sunshine" on my stereo I lost
control (black ice, I suspect) and wrecked my VW Jetta.  I certainly
could have used a little bit more sunshine apparently!  But all is good
and when we came to a standstill the Oils were still rocking away -
right on!

	So, anyone else had a good car wreck while listening to the Oils?  Mine
certainly brought all the action an excitement of a live show right to
mind!  Ha!  Take care all!
--
mailto:shroom-a-zoom@bigfoot.com  | "No one ever influenced Tolkien.
http://www.mp3.com/Transparencies |  You might as well try to influence