Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Some thoughts on Capricornia reviews so far

KLAY GUSTIN gustinhydraulics@qwest.net
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:00:04 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C1BDDA.D0A9E580

I mostly agree Todd.  To Call the new one the best since D&D is crazy & IMHO
is just more proof of the narrow mindedness of the average person, so called
music lovers, reviewers, etc.   To me D&D  through Redneck is a string of
records better that the Joshua Tree (I love this album to!)   If anything
Capricornia is a bit of a drop.  But then  again I'm still breaking it in.
Almost pointless to try to make sense of what reviewers/critics have to say.
I don't think we would feel so special if Midnight Oil were as big as say
Madonna (gag) or Michael Jackson (puke)       Bye,    Lurker Klay
  -----Original Message-----
  From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of The Oilman
  Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 12:36 AM
  To: Powderworks
  Subject: [Powderworks] Some thoughts on Capricornia reviews so far

  Well, just a brief thought here about the reviews I have been reading of
the new disc. First off, it seems that Liquid 8 is doing a good job since
there seems to be a lot of people reviewing the disc, meaning the release
hasn't come and gone without notice as seemed to be the case the last 2
discs. However I have one problem wiht everyone's reviews I have read, they
are giving it great reviews (which makes all of us happy for the positive
reviews and press) but I do strongly disagree with the one sentiment I keep
reading. Many reviews have said its the best disc since Deisel and
constantly comparing it to Deisel, ok I can see with the theme of the album
how you may draw parallels. A lot of us on the list disagree about Breathe
and Redneck, Redneck being one of my all time fav Oils discs next to Red
Sails, however I think most would agree with me that to agree with the
reviewers is to discard Blue Sky which is a crime. Heck, when Blue Sky came
out Rolling Stone said it was better than The Joshua Tree by U2 and one of
the best albums of all time, so its a bit sad for me to read this (as a big
fan) and see these people missing something so vital to the bands history.

  Well, my little observance. I'll go back to my scheming here trying to
find a way to make some East Coast shows, may be seeing Mr Palmer again!

  Todd
  (Oilman)

------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C1BDDA.D0A9E580

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D530433815-25022002>I=20
mostly agree Todd.&nbsp; To&nbsp;Call the new one the best since =
D&amp;D&nbsp;is=20
crazy &amp; IMHO is just more proof of the narrow mindedness of the =
average=20
person, so called music lovers, reviewers, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp; To me =
D&amp;D&nbsp;=20
through Redneck is a string of records better that the Joshua Tree (I =
love this=20
album to!)&nbsp;&nbsp; If anything Capricornia is a bit of a drop.&nbsp; =
But=20
then&nbsp; again I'm still breaking it in.&nbsp; Almost pointless to try =
to make=20
sense of what reviewers/critics have to say.&nbsp; I don't think =
we&nbsp;would=20
feel so special if Midnight Oil were as big as say Madonna (gag)&nbsp;or =
Michael=20
Jackson (puke)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bye,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Lurker Klay=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV align=3Dleft class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu=20
  [mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]<B>On Behalf Of </B>The=20
  Oilman<BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, February 25, 2002 12:36 =
AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  Powderworks<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Powderworks] Some thoughts on =
Capricornia=20
  reviews so far<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well, just a brief thought here about =
the reviews=20
  I have been reading of the new disc. First off, it seems that Liquid 8 =
is=20
  doing a good job since there seems to be a lot of people reviewing the =
disc,=20
  meaning the release hasn't come and gone without notice as seemed to =
be the=20
  case the last 2 discs. However I have one problem wiht everyone's =
reviews I=20
  have read, they are giving it great reviews (which makes all of us =
happy for=20
  the positive reviews and press) but I do strongly disagree with the =
one=20
  sentiment I keep reading. Many reviews have said its the best disc =
since=20
  Deisel and constantly comparing it to Deisel, ok I can see with =
the&nbsp;theme=20
  of the album how you may draw parallels.&nbsp;A lot of&nbsp;us on the =
list=20
  disagree about Breathe and Redneck, Redneck being one of my all time =
fav Oils=20
  discs next to Red Sails, however I think most would agree with me that =

  to&nbsp;agree with the reviewers is to discard&nbsp;Blue Sky which is =
a crime.=20
  Heck, when Blue Sky came out Rolling Stone said it was&nbsp;better =
than The=20
  Joshua Tree by U2 and one of the&nbsp;best albums of all time, so its=20
  a&nbsp;bit sad for me to read&nbsp;this (as a big fan) and see these =
people=20
  missing something so vital to the bands history.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well, my little observance. I'll go =
back to my=20
  scheming here trying to find a&nbsp;way to make some East&nbsp;Coast =
shows,=20
  may be seeing Mr Palmer again!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Todd</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>(Oilman)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C1BDDA.D0A9E580--