Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] random oily gig thoughts, birthday cake and assorted melbourne cracks....

Krusty Fries krustyfries@yahoo.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:21:06 +1100 (EST)

Dear all

yes i finally think it's time for another one of my gig ramblings.
Unfortunately leaving uni and gettin a real job cuts into ones social life
and free time rather heavily - thank god the bank balance has got a real
kick - otherwise i would wonder what its all about.....

firstly - Just waht has krusty been doing i hear you ask (actually none of
you probably give a toss but i'll tell you anyway because i can....
SFA really if i think back....  Left uni, got a job, hated the job, went
on hols to England, got back, went to Dallas to work for three months  -
had an awesome time, got back, worked like a dog, still hated work, joined
a band, quit work, finished my Grad Dip, band broke up due to
pyschological differences, got new job at Optus, like job, spent relaxing
summer in sydney drinking coffee and alcohol, gave up alcohol and coffee
for january, february couldn't remeber why, went to oils shows... i choose
to end this story.... now!

Oils!!!!!!!!!  What can I say - words can't describe - maybe acronyms will
have to do!  FTGJAT!  FU!  Sorry too much swearing, I blame the wine.....

St Marys - We started the day with a bit of a jam at St peters with Chugga
and the artist formerly known as megan, now known as Eddie pie hands.
Zombie, Zombie, Zo ombie ombie ombie.....  Quick dash down cleveland st to
drop gear back at krusty's house.  Hey girls - do you play an instrument??
 No westie boys we just like to drive around in a soft top with a blown up
Vox in the back.  Drive to gig -  what a cack, it's even further away than
Australia's Wonderland, beer in plastic cups, meat raffles and appliance
give aways!  Yes it's all good at St Mary's Leagues!  Badged cars and
closed motorways! Gig highlights - Bullroarer, Mosquito March and Mr
Conductor stage right.... Lowlights - stick floor.

Metro Mark I
OIILLSS, actually to start off in was BEEERR at the 3 Monkeys, also known
as Backpacker hang out!  Since i had lost my tolerance , i was feeling a
bit worse for wear before dinner.  Quick pasta at the dive of george st
alexanders, but suprisngly not too foul.  Into the Metro, Usual suspects,
Rob, Dom, Olly, Steve, Todd, Damien, Andrew and other assorted people who
I forget, "Saff, Saff -EDDY PIE HANDS"  Bones " krusty - Throw your Pox
Vox amp off the balcony - it's more fun when you cant afford to replace
it..."  Highlights - having enough room to Kylie dance, Screaming and
Mosquito March.  Lowlights - sticky floor.

Metro Mark 2
Met crazy brazillian guy Rodger who had ants in his pants all night.
Quick trip to Maccas for Snoopy (who loved the gig).  Happy Birthday
Martin - no the cake is not for you Bones (did he ever get it??).
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
 Strange looks from Bones and Jim...Bravo and Whoooo rah!  E-bow Big
Country Style and walking in the wilderness.....  Nice bouncers thanks for
the setlist, no worries about the stick...  Highlights   - Eddy Pie Hand
and Snoopy, Mosquito March and Written in the Heart, Bones not eating
Martin's cake.  Lowlights.. sticky floor and sweaty men....

Forum 1
Qantas - not too foul (Thanks daddy pie hand). Westin - what a fantastic
hotel (thanks Yankee Man!!!!)  Rocky off road experience (Thanks
Dashman!).
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
 Hey i remember you - your that chick who screams a lot from Sydney, yes
that would be the all mighty Krusty, pleased to be of service.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
 Hello again mexicans and front row chicks Jo, Rachel, sorry I forgotten
your name and Luke, ooppss sorry Luke you aint a front row chick.....
Look at me im so cool caus i got a Capricornia t-shirt!!! (thanks yankee
man!)  Looking through my magic mirror i can see travis and damien and
andrew and danny and scotty and jeff and justin and john (oops no little
johnnie was not there....).  Highlights, Bullroarer - na na na
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Carlton cold ( i didnt have to drink fish piss vb!)  woo hoo.  Who's got
the pot???  Who's got a fat arse???  Lowlights - sticky floor (hmm i sense
a theme).  Off to drink afterwards - isn;t anywhere in this hick town open
after 1 am - ohhh purple emerald - no too loud and scary dancing, hairy
canary it is.  Some champers to celebrate my deposit on new apartment and
then its time for sleepies for very pissed Krusty.  oohhhh Westin heavenly
bed... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Forum 2
Pre gig jam at Damo's.  No Damien you didnt play the drums any softer caus
you were using brushes - and what was with turning my amp down all the
time, I know i aint great but was i that bad....  Pity one can't turn down
my voice, hey front rowers.  Sorry for all the bootlegs I must have
spoiled.....  Bit of a G&T in the hotel then off to southbank for more
pasta and wine.  Alternative would be to sit in gutter outside forum
drinking illegal piss and risking 4 hours in slammer but hey, who would
seriosuly do that???? Right JO???  Back come the fortune cookies "You
can't always get what you want" - oops no thats a song.... Dramas at box
office as tickets werent ready to be collected until same time as doors -
HUMAN BARRIER EVERYONE!  Koala sprint to the front of the stage - KRUSTY -
call her King of The Forum, or queen - or is there a gender unspecific
term - ah yes - dictator!  I win - post dash conferene " I just don't know
what took over me - i was just caught in the moment, caught in the absolut
drama of it all!... Now back to regular viewing"  Drinks all round, Eddy
pie hand piss weak at cushy round plastic seats...  On come oils
-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Would that girl shut tf up!  No - ok...  Highlights - Tone Poem, No Time
for Games, Choir Song Sheet and Kylie Dancing.  Lowlights - that F%^@Ing
sticky floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Do people piss on it or what?? AND Frank Sinatra at the post gig disco.
Ahhh spa bath, melbourne view, apples and bottle of red - EXCELLENT!

BEEP BEEP BEEP (Is it a bee??? Kill it Eddy!) no its the alarm, shit time
to get up for the flight, feel like crap, onto airport, onto sydney
(thanks for the playing cards qantas) suprise suprise its raining. Yeah
thanks for that

THE END!

=====
Krusty Fries
krustyfries@yahoo.com

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.